Terra merged her passion for supporting women with feminism with her interest in holistic health as a midwife in 1981.
Since then Terra has:
-studied, was certified, and practiced midwifery, Reiki, Ayurveda, Maya Abdominal Therapy, and End of Life Care.
-created and taught an introduction to midwifery study course to over 100 students – before the internet.
-helped create the original certification program for home birth midwives in Colorado.
-created and edited the magazine Natural Transitions about alternative end of life and death care.
-taught women’s health and Ayurveda classes at four different Ayurveda schools.
-wrote and published several books on women’s health and of poetry.
Now Terra is fulfilling her dream of passing on what she’s learned in the form of classes and videos for both self care and for health professionals. She’s working to gather a great array of information and wisdom from other teachers at WiseWomanhood School as well, all to support women’s well being – body, mind, and spirit.
Terra’s Education & Training
I am a healing artist & teacher, not a physician, and will refer you when appropriate. Ayurveda is not licensed in any state. I practice legally under the Colorado Natural Health Care Consumers Act. I am recognized as a practitioner by the National Ayurvedic Medicine Association; as a Professional Maya Abdominal Therapist by the Arvigo Institute.
- Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner: Alandi Ayurvedic School, graduated 19 May, 2001, see www.alandiashram.org (>100 semester credits) Training includes herbs, diet, marma therapy, flower essences, cleansing, mantra, yoga, & meditation techniques ; advanced classes on women’s health with Ayurveda. Certified by the National Ayurvedic Medicine Association, www.ayurvedanama.org
- Reiki Master: Level I, Apr.10,1994 & Level II, Sept.27, 1994 Master A committed Program of 12 weeks or 6 months yields long-term, sustainable results and is recommended in most cases. If you are promoting fertility and get pregnant – you can continue with care & coaching for natural pregnancy support. Level Initiation, Jan. 9, 1998
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™-certified professional therapist, practicing since Fall 2002; weeklong training in Belize on Maya Spiritual Healing; Also :Apprenticeship with Miss Beatrice Waight, Mayan traditional healer, midwife & shaman learning Maya spiritual healing, abdominal therapies & herbal techniques, focusing on women’s health, completed March 2003
- Reflexology : two day workshop with Margot Hawk, Dec 26, & 27, 2005, training w Miss Beatrice, & ongoing experience.
- Retired Registered Midwife: State of Colorado More than 250 births experience over 15 yrs practice
- Flower essences: ongoing self study & workshops & classes since 1980, including extensive work during Ayurveda training.
- Therapeutic Shamanism: I have been studying & practicing shamanic healing with Jyoti Wind & my healing Guides since 2013. Now offering and attending shamanic study groups and healing circles. Workshops with Sandra Ingerman, Alberto Villaldo, and Itzak Beery. 9 monthlong weekly study with Hank Wesselman.
- BA, Psychology: Moorhead State University, Moorhead, MN, 1975.
If you want Mentoring Time with Terra via phone or webcam
You might also like a Personal Consultation with Terra to individualize your self care