Optimal Menstrual Health and Treating Menstrual Disorders with Ayurveda
With Terra Rafael
Created for health professionals, this video class ( 5+ hours and 75 pages of notes) offers Ayurveda and midwifery perspectives on the menstrual process and how to support it. Optional Certificate of Completion available with written exam. Approved for 6 credits of NAMA-PACE credits with submission of exam.
If you want a less intensive/ technical class on Menstrual Health try: Menstrual and Fertility Health with Ayurveda or on Menstrual Cramps try: Getting to the Roots of Your Menstrual Cramps . You can also schedule a private consultation with Terra Rafael .
Includes ways to maintain menstrual (and fertility) health:
- the displaced uterus
- keys to menstrual health
- self-care between and during the menstrual period
If you are new to Ayurveda, at least take the class Beginning Ayurveda before this one.
The section on treatment of menstrual disorders with Ayurveda shares foods, habits, and herbs to avoid or use for specific disorders. Covers:
- How menstrual disorders effect genital organs
- Amenorrhea and case study
- PCOS and case study
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding with case study
- Fibroids/Ovarian Cysts with case study
- Endometriosis and Adenomyosis with cases
- Premenstrual syndrome/Hormonal Mood Swings with cases
Learning Objectives – Optimal Menstrual Health
To be tested by a written exam if Certificate of Completion is desired. Approved for 5 NAMA-PACE credits.
- Review of Female Reproductive Anatomy – Students will identify the parts of the female reproductive anatomy
- Review of Women’s Cycles – Students can label the various cycles of the female cycles.
- Keys to Menstrual Health – Students will be able to name at least 5 keys to menstrual health.
- Self Care between Moon Times – Students will name at least 3 components of self care between moon times.
- Self Care for during Moon times – Students will name at least 3 components of self care during moon times.
- Displaced uterus – Students will name 3 signs of a displaced uterus, 3 causes, and what Charaka recommends before treatment
Treating Menstrual Problems
- Amenorrhea – Students will name 3 elements of treatment for a case study.
- PCOS – Students will name 3 elements of treatment for a case study.
- Dysmenorrhea – Students will name 3 elements of treatment for a case study.
- Heavy Periods – Students will name 3 elements of treatment for a case study.
- Endometriosis – Students will name 3 elements of treatment for a case study.
- PMS – Students will name 3 elements of treatment for a case study.
You may want mentoring with Terra to discuss questions or your individual client cases.