Postpartum is a time when women can rejuvenate OR become weaker. Teachings of Ayurveda tell how to use this time for rejuvenation. When women are cared for, their digestion re-ignited, their Vata soothed, they benefit greatly, sometimes healing long-standing imbalances and problems AND their babies receive excellent milk to grow on.
This class is designed for students becoming Ayurvedic Postpartum Doulas and is suitable for Ayurvedic Doctors and Practitioners as well as highly motivated others. It has been approved for PACE credits.
A background in Ayurveda is recommended. If you are new to Ayurveda, at least take Beginning Ayurveda beforehand.
Learning Objectives – Enhancing Postpartum with Ayurveda
- Explain to a client why Ayurvedic postpartum care is helpful to women.
- List the nine principles of postpartum care with Ayurveda and why each is important.
- Name 5 actions a pp mother can do for a smoother postpartum.
- Name 5 things or actions a pp mother should avoid.
- List the danger signs of pp for the mother.
- List 5 danger signs of the newborn.
- Describe advice and actions to take with a clinet who has mild postpartum depression.
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal breastfeeding.
- Name three things to encourage a good milk supply in the mother.
- Describe vitiated breast milk and demonstrate knowledge of treating it.
You may also want a mentoring session with Terra to discuss your questions:
Or if you are designing your own postpartum plan, you may want a personal consultation with Terra via phone or webcam.