Ayurveda adds much to caring for the childbearing year. This class covers fertility, pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. and how Ayurveda supports health throughout. It is approved by NAMA for 24 PACE CEUs when exams are included. Some topics covered:
- Anatomy and physiology of the fertility/menstrual cycle
- Basic understanding of the physiological view of conception and pregnancy according to Ayurveda
- Ayurveda approaches to fertility, pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum.
- Natural family planning techniques with emphasis on fertility awareness
- Helpful herbs and treatments for the childbearing year
This class series includes 17+ hours of video divided into 7 classes, each with a pdf of notes, slideshow pdfs, and optional exams.
- Anatomy & Physiology of Female Reproduction
- Male Anatomy and Fertility
- Female Fertility Concerns
- Pregnancy I
- Pregnancy II
- Labor & Birth
The textbook is Ayurveda for the Childbearing Years, by Terra Rafael , available from amazon.
NAMA Ayurveda Professionals wishing to use this class for CEUs can receive a Certificate of Completion for 24 PACE CEUs after submitting their completed exams for review to Terra Rafael.
You may also be interested in Optimal Menstrual Health with Ayurveda.
Optional Mentoring for professionals will support applying the teachings to your clients.