The Seeds of WiseWomanhood School
It began over 30 years ago in Boulder, Colorado. Terra Rafael, then a home birth midwife, began teaching childbirth classes. She went on to teach:
- over 100 aspiring midwives with the Birth Overview Course.
- Reiki students.
- home funeral students wanting to care for their beloved dead.
- Ayurveda students wanting to know about women’s health and became a certified instructor of continuing ed for the National Ayurvedic Medicine Association PACE program.
Terra always dreamed of having a school for women. She wanted to support them in learning about their femaleness and self-care. After the vision of a school on-line came to Terra, this is the result.
About Our Teachers
Terra Rafael merged her passion for supporting women with her interest in holistic health as a midwife in 1981. Since then Terra has:
- studied, was certified, and practiced midwifery, Reiki, Ayurveda, Maya Abdominal Therapy, and End of Life Care.
- created and taught an introduction to midwifery study course to over 100 students – before the internet.
- helped create the original certification program for home birth midwives in Colorado.
- created and edited the magazine Natural Transitions about alternative end of life and death care.
- taught women’s health and Ayurveda classes at four different Ayurveda schools.
- wrote and published several books on women’s health and of poetry.
Now Terra has transformed her practice to fulfill her dream of passing on what she’s learned in the form of classes and videos for both self care and health professionals. WiseWomanhood School is a labor of love. The goal is to support women’s well being – body, mind, and soul.
Jyoti Wind is a deeply grounded and experienced woman. This was supported by her studies in Astrology, Yoga, Metaphysics, and personal meditation practice. Expanding her repertoire, she added Hakomi, Herbal Studies, Women’s Ritual Workshops and Women’s Writing Groups . She is Terra’s mentor for shamanic studies. Jyoti continues to see clients daily and offer various workshops. Her loves are photography and nature, sacred sites and travel. Along with all that, Jyoti is a mother, grandmother, and great grandmother. For more, visit her website.