Postpartum is a time when women can rejuvenate or weaken. Teachings of Ayurveda tell how to strengthen women postpartum and for the rest of their lives.
Postpartum women can rejuvenate OR become weaker. Ayurveda teaches how to rejuvenate during postpartum. Therefore, postpartum women benefit greatly, sometimes healing long-standing imbalances and problems. AND their babies receive excellent milk to grow on.
This class is designed for students becoming Ayurvedic Postpartum Doulas and is suitable for Ayurvedic Doctors and Practitioners as well as highly motivated others. It is approved for 4 hrs NAMA-PACE credits with submission of completed exams to Terra.
A background in Ayurveda is recommended. If you are new to Ayurveda, at least take Beginning Ayurveda beforehand.
Learning Objectives – Enhancing Postpartum with Ayurveda
- Explain to a client why Ayurvedic postpartum care is helpful to women.
- List the nine principles of postpartum care with Ayurveda and why each is important.
- Name 5 actions a postpartum mother can do for a smoother postpartum.
- Name 5 things or actions a postpartum mother should avoid.
- List the danger signs of postpartum for the mother.
- List 5 danger signs of the newborn.
- Describe advice and actions to take with a clinet who has mild postpartum depression.
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal breastfeeding.
- Name three things to encourage a good milk supply in the mother.
- Describe vitiated breast milk and demonstrate knowledge of treating it.